Monday, June 21, 2010

"Who's your daddy?"

Right now, it's still Father's Day back home (shout-out to my wonderful daddy!). There's no Father's Day celebration in Fiji, but coincidentally I have a story that relates to it anyway!

Today at school, one of the boys (named Isireli) randomly started asking me about my family. He remembered that I'm from the United States (though he called it the United StaKes), and he wanted to know if my dad was there now. Actually, first he asked me "Who's your daddy?" (That's a direct quote!) Anyway, I told him that my dad is indeed at home in the US. Isireli's next question was, "So he's the President?" I had to try really really hard not to laugh out loud at that! To Isireli, it was a completely logical thought. I'm from America, so I must be related to the President... Just call me Julie Obama. Or better yet, call my dad Barack- he'll LOVE that comparison. :)

Happy Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment